Today is about a healthy and delicious pasta recipe, for all those who would love to satisfy their pasta cravings without feeling guilty. I understand that so many people associate the word healthy with bitter when it comes to food, well, we have some good news for you. Healthy can be delicious too, all you need is the right recipe! Pasta is everyone’s delight, so you can never go wrong with pasta. If you are pressed for time, you can check out this post on Quick and Easy Lunch Recipes. In the meantime, here is a recipe for Spaghetti Bolognese.
1 tbsp olive oil 1 400g/14oz tin tomatoes, chopped200g 7oz lean steak mince (healthy substitute) 1 onion, finely chopped 4 large mushrooms, sliced 1 carrot, grated 230ml/8fl oz vegetable stock 2 tbsp tomato purée ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper 300g/10½oz whole-wheat spaghetti (healthy substitute) 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the minced meat and the chopped onions. Fry for five minutes and stir occasionally, until the minced meat is brown and the chopped onions are softened.
- Add the mushrooms and chopped carrots and cook for about a minute, then add tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir the mixture well and let boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Put the wholemeal spaghetti in a deep saucepan full of salted boiling water and cook according to packet instructions, then drain to reduce the starch.
- Now that the spaghetti and Bolognese sauce are ready, divide the cooked spaghetti into four dishes. With a spoon, serve equal portions of Bolognese sauce over each and sprinkle the portions with parsley to enjoy your healthy and healthy meal.
If you’re a lover of pasta and you haven’t tried our special Wara pasta then you’re missing out on a mouth-watering dish that is just a click away. Click here to place your order now!