Cake pops are a special variety of cake with a lollypop style appearance which comes in form of a common type of sweet popularly known as lolly pop. They are more or less crumbled up cakes mixed with frosting and dipped in melted chocolate. Developed as a variation of cake balls by Bakerella, it is known to be moist and fluffy in nature. This variety of cake was created out of the need to eliminate wastage as cake crumbs and leftover are used.
It can be said that cake pops came into limelight in 2012 and afterwards have become quite prominent and I’m pretty sure most of you have experienced it firsthand or at least are aware of its existence. Cake pops are distinct from all others in terms of its characteristics: versatile i.e suitable for any occasion, provides unlimited opportunities for creativity, easy to make, not messy to eat, saves time and money and perfect for any occasion, even weddings.
Is it your first time of hearing about this delicacy? Would you like to learn more about what cake pops actually are? Then let’s talk examine its preparation.
* Chocolate Cake, prepared
* Chocolate Frosting (amount depends on moistness of cake)
* 2 boxes premium white chocolate
* Cake pop sticks
- Add cake to a large bowl.
- Crumble until it resembles fine crumbs
- Add in frosting a little bit at a time until cake is moist and can
hold a ball shape, yet still slightly crumbly.
- Use your hands to incorporate the frosting into the cake crumbs.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out two balls of cake mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Melt 2-4 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and
insert into the cake balls about half-way.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare all of your decorating supplies.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a large cup. Make sure you have
enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake ball.
- Remove cake balls from freezer.
- Dip cake balls carefully into the chocolate until covered.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
- Add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. It will harden
- Stick the decorated cake pop into a styrofoam block to finish setting.
- Place into the freezer to speed up setting time.
- Cover with a clear treat bag & ribbon for gift giving, if desired.
- Store in a single layer, in an airtight container.
With the details above, I believe you will be able to make it in the comfort of your home.
Want it delivered? We are just a call away|! You can reach us on 08146274960/08182359903 to place an order or log on to https://waracake.com/product/cake-pop/. C’est simple!